My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.blogtrepreneur.com and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

How often do you post on your blog?

Blogtrepreneur has moved! Please check out the new site at www.blogtrepreneur.com. If you are a subscriber to Blogtrepreneur feeds or newsletter you will not experience any changes!

I was reading a great post by Darren Rowse (a.k.a. Problogger), about how he spends his time blogging, and the rhythm he uses on a day-to-day basis when writing new articles.
He writes:
"A year or so ago I used to spend a higher percentage of the time I dedicated to blogging actually writing content. I was blogging as a solo blogger (no network affiliations) and the administrative demands of my blogs were quite low. As a result I used to spread out my posting rate pretty evenly through the day. I would write a post, then move onto email, check RSS and then maybe write another post. I was averaging 25 or more posts per day.

The last month or so things have had to change. The changes have largely been the result of different circumstances and demands on my time (being a part of a large network of blogs like b5media has been a bit part of that). It’s also probably partially as a result of blogs growing which increases the administration levels needed to maintain them (ie moderating comments, responding to emails, participating in discussions etc)."

Darren goes on to explain how now he spends a larger part of his day preparing blog articles and writing them, rather than skipping between internet pages.

For me, I've always tried to write at least 1 post every 3 or so days, so as to keep visitors coming back for more information. At the worst, I post every week, and sometimes I find myself posting a few times a day. I think however, that it is important to keep a consistent blogging rhythm. If you do, readers, and subscribers to your blog feeds will know when to expect your next instalment or article, and so will be enthusiastic and keen to receive confirmation of a new post. If you write on an ad-hoc and unregular basis, I myself, have found that readers tend to lose interest in what your blog is saying.

Problogger comments on the need for advance posting too. I think that if you want to have a really reliable blog, and want to earn money off it, you should keep a few articles as a back up, just in case you have a mind blank one day, and cannot find any decent material to post.

So how am I going to sustain my level of readership you may ask? Well, my aim is to always post on interesting and unique topics, whilst also writing courses for the beginner on a number of topics, for example, How To Start Your Own E-Business.

In the mean time, Happy Blogtrepreneuring!

Technorati Tags : , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
web tracker