My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.blogtrepreneur.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Blogger experiences yet more downtime…

Blogtrepreneur has moved! Please check out the new site at www.blogtrepreneur.com. If you are a subscriber to Blogtrepreneur feeds or newsletter you will not experience any changes!

Lately, Blogger has become more and more unreliable. Today when I tried to write a new article and when I tried to publish my edited template, the upload kept stalling and the percent of upload complete kept reading 0%. Maybe this is to do with their growing number of server problems, which for Google, may be a worrying sign. However, Im sure that they’ll fix it soon.

This incident though, has made me want to move from Blogger so much more. I have discovered how vulnerable my blog is, and the power that Blogger has over my blog is unbelievable. If they wanted, they could shut down my blog without me even trying to contest it, such is their power.
As of now I hadn’t realised how important this was, however, more recently, I have realised that having the maximum amount of control over your blog is very important, in terms of security and readership. Your readers don’t want to see NavBars that you don’t even want to be there. It just clogs up your page and demoralises your visitors.

My advice, go hosted like Im about to do, and stick with the clean lines of Wordpress. If the best of the best are using it, then it must be good mustn’t it!

7 Comments:

  • I couldn't agree more. I used Blogger for quite a while (mostly just published pictures). Then I found Wordpress...the rest is history. Well maybe not, but it sounded cool. The power and control of a hosted .com with Wordpress is great. However, Wordpress isn't the only solution for a great blog setup. I know a lot of great bloggers from Godbit.com use TextPattern. But as for me, Wordpress seems way easier. I'm ready to see blogtrepreneur.com go live!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 AM  

  • Yeah, I cant wait until Blogger goes live too! Wordpress does offer the most control over your blog than any other blogging platform that I know of. But then I dont know that many. TextPattern is a new one, but I know of Drupal as well.

    By Blogger Adnan, at 12:48 PM  

  • I did a lot of research on blogs before I started mine, and although a lot of my friends like blogger, I'm not a fan of it at all. Wordpress is definately the way to go in my book. The only problem I have with it is that they do not allow you to use java applications, which blocks the great statcounter I found :/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 PM  

  • Yes, I would have to agree that Wordpress is the better blog platform, thats why Im moving! For statcounters try www.statcounter.com or try and sign up for an invitation with Google Analytics, I've heard they're really good.

    By Blogger Adnan, at 4:54 PM  

  • Statcounter.com is the one I was talking about. In order to use it, you need to embed a java code into your site, and Wordpress does not allow it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM  

  • Really? That's quite odd..hmmm I hope I get my invitation for Google Analytics soon then. So what statcounter have you been using so far?

    By Blogger Adnan, at 4:56 PM  

  • Wordpress provides a rudimentary stat counter. It just doesn't have all of the features I would like. I recently joined MyBlogLog, but that doesn't work either. I guess I'm just kinda stuck with what they have

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
web tracker