My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.blogtrepreneur.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The stresses of maintaining a blog

Blogtrepreneur has moved! Please check out the new site at www.blogtrepreneur.com. If you are a subscriber to Blogtrepreneur feeds or newsletter you will not experience any changes!

Recently, I have noticed how much pressure I have put on myself to write consistently (summarised by my last post). This increased stress has led me to doubt my blogging abilities and whether I should really continue with blogging.

I asked a few people about this, including some people on www.youngentrepreneur.com/forum, who asked me the reason why I started blogging in the first place. This got me thinking, however in all truth, I responded that I really wanted to make money, like all the other Problogger's out there. This would prove to be my first weakness.

However the most helpful answer came from Matt who runs a blog at www.mandladventures.com. He gave me some very important advice, which I previously did not consider. He told me not to worry over trying to frequently write articles to impress my readers. "Going with the flow" would be a good way to describe it, but also that I should not feel that I have to keep up to date with the site everyday. Thinking about this now, Yaro Starak at www.entrepreneurs-journey.com only posts every couple of days and yet he still has a readership of 1300!

However, when I read Matt's email, his enthusiasm for the internet really struck me, and some more ideas popped into my head about possible future ventures. I won't go there now anyway.

To summarise from this rollercoaster of emotions and feelings today, I would say to all you bloggers out there not to feel intimidated into writing to maintain a readership. If you continue to post quality content whenever a great idea comes to mind, then you will never hit a "dry patch" and run out of things to say, like I have started to encounter now.

So the future of Blogtrepreneur? Well as promised I will be continuing with my www.blogtrepreneur.com startup in a few weeks time, but I won't feel so obliged to post every day. But when I do post, you can be sure that it will be only the best content that I will provide my readers with. Thanks again to Matt and everyone at Young Entrepreneur Forums and elsewhere for your inspiration and advice.
Blogtrepreneur strives on!

9 Comments:

  • It is tough to stay motivated and write on a consistent basis. I like your style however and would like to invite you to visit biz-story.com. Perhaps you could join us as a regular featured guest writer. We would link back to your site(s) and cross promote you.

    eric

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 PM  

  • Writing regularly can be difficult, and you always hear talk of "blogger burnout".

    If you can plan posts ahead (i.e. like a "story arc") I think it can be extremely helpful, so that if you ever get tired / unmotivated you've got a little bit of a backlog you can go to.

    Republishing content is also an option for posts that you thought were particularly valuable.

    A "link" post every so often is nice too - just listing some interesting resources; it helps show your readers what you like, and spread some "link love".

    In general, I tend to write what's important to me, what I think I would like to read, and if I like it there's bound to be others that do as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 PM  

  • Thanks for you offer Eric, and I will try and write some articles for your site. As I said in my article, it is very important that i stay in touch with the community that I have built in the blogosphere.

    Also Ben, I am going to try and write more articles on "good days" so that whenever I encounter a dry patch I will have "backlogs" as you said.
    A good idea about the linking posts too, so thanks both of you for your encouraging comments

    By Blogger Adnan, at 4:45 PM  

  • I guess another thing I do is read a lot of blogs. Invariably you'll find something that interests you, something that you can add to the already ongoing discussion.

    And that's also very much about staying in touch with your/the community as well. Read something, comment on it, write about it on your own blog, etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 PM  

  • True Ben, the new me is all community lol. I've aimed to spend less time worrying about money, and just enjoy blogging and networking with others.
    By the way I really like your site. It involved your grat writing skills, as well as a really fun way to make money, well done!!!

    By Blogger Adnan, at 7:01 PM  

  • Thanks for the compliments Adnan.

    So when are you subscribing already? *grin*

    Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing blogtrepreneur...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 PM  

  • Adnan: First let me say thanks for linking to my blog (maybe someone will visit it now). Also, I'm glad you found my advice helpful. Ben and Eric had some good ideas too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 AM  

  • It can be hard but I would agree with Matt that freeing yourself up will create better and somtimes more unique content.
    blogtrepreneur sounds cool can't wait to see it, a tip have content already up when you launch, it makes it look better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 AM  

  • No problem for the link Matt, I should be thanking you for the encouragement.
    Thanks for your comment Dan, nice clean blog you've got there, well done! Just a quick question though about the content, if I copy my content from this blog to the wordpress, will Google penalise me for the content copying rule? Also will I get the same hits as I have done for these posts if I transfer them to the wordpress?

    By Blogger Adnan, at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
web tracker